10:00 AM / Meeting time: 9:30 AM
Approximately 15:00 PM
Casual, comfortable athletic clothing, hat and light jacket.
9:30 Meeting time at Apollonas
Visiting small beaches and caves
Relaxing break for lunch / swimming / snorkeling
Visiting small beaches and caves
Itinerary variations may occur due to weather conditions and group dynamics.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where shall we meet and at what time?
You will receive a GPS location with the meeting point the day before the tour. Meeting time for the day trips is 09:30. Meeting time for the sunset tour is usually two and a half hours prior to sunset.
Can I join one of your tours without previous experience?
Definitely, previous experience is not required and beginners are welcome on all our tours. Your guide will give you an instructional briefing regarding the paddling technique and how to control your kayak.
Is Sea kayaking a safe activity and what is your safety record?
In general Sea kayaking is safer than most outdoor activities. Our guides are well trained and certified specifically for Sea kayaking. They will be watching you at all times during the trips. At Oceanus Kayaking we take your health and safety very seriously. In our history no one has ever sustained a serious accident or injury on any of our day trips or expeditions.
Who are the guides?
Our guides are professionals certified from British Canoeing. Sea kayaking is their way of life and they have very good knowledge of the area.
How long are your tours and what will be the pace?
Total duration of the day trips is approximately six hours including stops for snorkeling, swimming and snacks. We paddle in a relaxed pace allowing exploration along the coastline.
What fitness level is required for the tours?
A basic fitness level is enough for participation on the tours. In a scale from 1 to 5 it could be a 2 to 3.
Is there an age limit or other restrictions?
Sea kayaking is a relaxed and safe activity and very often we have participants over 70 years old or even 80 years old. Children from age 14 can paddle with one family member. Equipment and especially kayaks and Life Jackets have a limit up to approximately 120kg. We want to make sure that you fit the equipment in order to have the maximum safety during the trip. Should you have any questions regarding Age and Size please let us know.
Do I need to be a swimmer?
No, you don’t have to be a swimmer. You will be wearing a Life Jacket at all times during paddling that keeps you floating. Trip guides will assist you on the way. You should however let your guide know if you have a panic fear of water or decide not to book the tour.
Are there toilets and facilities along the route?
None of our standard routes have access to toilets or other facilities
What type of kayak do you use?
We use mostly tandem kayaks which are wide, stable and equipped with rudders. Paddling with a partner is always safer and enjoyable. Single kayaks are provided too upon request. Some previous experience is required as well as basic handling skills. Ideal conditions for single kayaks are days with no wind.
What kind of equipment is provided?
We provide tandem sit inside sea kayaks, life vests (to be worn at all times), paddles, spray decks and dry bags to keep your belongings dry. In case of cold weather, we provide nylon jackets.
What should I bring with me?
You are advised to have with you a towel, sun screen, a wide brim hat, beach shoes and spare clothes.
Is alcohol allowed?
No, alcohol is not allowed during the trips or resting time.
Do you offer overnight or camping kayak tours?
Of course, we do! Oceanus Kayaking offers many overnight trips, multiday trips and Sea kayaking Expeditions on Naxos and Small Cyclades. We also love to work with children so we organize small adventures for them with minimum risks. Furthermore, we can organize custom Sea kayak tours so as to paddle in different places every time. Drop us a line with your ideas and we will help you choose the best trip.
Do you provide private trips?
We can provide a private tour upon request on any of our selected routes or customize one just for you, your friends or family.
What is the best tour for me?
All tours are different, each having their own unique beauty. Kayaking is subject to the weather so the best route is the one available on your preferred date. Other factors are, the distance from your accommodation to the starting point, whether you rent a vehicle and group size.
Do you make bookings for solo travelers?
Yes, solo travelers are more than welcome to join us!
How do I book?
You can book through our website or email at: email@example.com. Alternative contact methods are: WhatsApp, Viber or through our social media.
How many days in advance do we have to book the trip?
You are advised to book your trip at least three days earlier. That gives us the flexibility to offer alternative dates in case of bad weather and of course allow for arrangements regarding guides and logistics
What payment methods do you use?
You can pay us a deposit or the total amount through our website via PayPal or if you prefer cash directly to our guides upon arrival on site. Note: There are no banks or ATM close to our starting points.
Medical issues and usage of medication during the trip.
Should you have any medical issues or any special medication that we need to know about you can inform your guide in person. Medication during the trip can be carried with you in dry bags and you are responsible to use it accordingly if and when you need it.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT
Our daily scheduled kayak tours have to be booked and prepaid in our bank account.
• The booking is binding when payment is done.
• All our rates are VAT inclusive (24%).
• We provide 20% discount for all kids up to 16 years old.
• Clients are required to pay 100% in advance. This is done bank transfer, PayPal or cash.
• Bookings are only placed in our calendar after deposit or full payment is received.
• Clients are responsible for any damage to the kayaks or equipment that may occur during the tours.
In Oceanus Kayaking we value you highly as a customer. Together with our guides we will do our utmost to provide a friendly atmosphere whilst having a fun, relaxing and safe experience.
• These “Terms & Conditions” apply for any booking.
• Oceanus Kayaking observes strict health & safety procedures, however when dealing with nature there always exists an element of risk. Please be aware that kayaking carries a small degree of risk.
• Safety instructions will be given before every tour; all our guests must agree to follow these instructions.
• Oceanus Kayaking or our guides cannot be held responsible for personal injury, equipment loss or damage when this is caused as a consequence of not following instructions given.
• Any lawsuit against Oceanus Kayaking or any of our guides must be carried out in a Greek court, following the laws of Greece.
• All our guides are trained in First Aid. On all tours they bring safety equipment, first aid equipment and communication devices, mobile phone and VHF.
• We reserve the right to make changes to the schedule or to cancel any tour or arrangement due to health, safety and weather conditions.
• We reserve the right to make changes and adjustments to these terms and conditions without prior notification to any client. We will do our utmost to fulfill the terms that you agreed upon when booking. Cancellation policy is not changeable.
• We recommend all guests to have their own personal travel / medical insurance.
• By paying for a tour we will assume that any client have read and agreed to our terms and conditions.
• Please be aware that, though we believe the client is, most of the time, right, we adhere to our company policy and maintain the right to refuse service to anyone who exhibits any or all of the above criteria.
• Cancellation whilst 10 days before booking, deposit is not refundable.
• Cancellation 15 days before booking, 50% of the total cost is payable.
• In the event of us needing to cancel your hire, daily or overnight trip, owing to the occurrence of circumstances beyond our control, we will be more than happy to provide a full refund of any money paid, or will be happy to arrange new dates or another trip with similar specifications, at your request.
• In the event of adverse weather conditions, natural disaster, earthquakes or other circumstances beyond our control, Oceanus kayaking reserves the right to cancel your trip without liability, responsibility, or compensation.